Thank you for considering engaging Clarity Law as a possible traffic law firm for your Sunshine Coast DUI or Drink Driving charge. We have been representing people charged with DUI and Drink Driving charges in the Sunshine Coast courts since 2010 and we are very familiar with every Magistrate and Judge that sit in Sunshine Coast and the surrounding courts. In fact our founder Steven Brough has been a lawyer on the Sunshine Coast since 2001 and our head office is based at Maroochydore.
Engaging a traffic lawyer is a difficult decision, you need to be sure the traffic law firm you engage is both reputable, experienced and that you have certainty of your legal costs and the traffic lawyer they assign to your case is knowledgeable in the Sunshine Coast Courts and knows what each Magistrate wants whether it be Maroochydore, Caloundra, Caboolture or Noosa courts.
What Courts we appear in
We appear in the following Magistrate Courts in the Sunshine Coast region for DUI and Drink Driving charges;
Our Local Offence
Level 3, 14-18 Duporth Avenue, Maroochydore 4558
Phone: 1300 952 255
Please always phone ahead to book an appointment, due to COVID we can’t accept walk in clients at the current time.
Every one of our lawyers is extremely experienced appearing in the Sunshine Coast Courts every week representing people on a huge range of traffic DUI and Drink Driving charges.
Belinda Smyth – Client Services Manager
Between our lawyers we have appeared in court thousands of times representing clients with drink driving charges throughout Sunshine Coast.
Since 2010 we have been representing people throughout the Sunshine Coast region who have been charged with a DUI or Drink Driving charge and need a good traffic lawyer to represent them.
Our client often come to us nervous, worried and needing answers. This is not a time for uncertainty over your future nor the costs you will pay.
We strive to give you immediate comprehensive advice and a fixed fee so you can be sure of your legal costs and whether you qualify for a work licence.
We are upfront with our fees, if you look at other law firms few, if any, clearly list how much they are going to charge you. Clarity Law on the other hand are happy to list our prices as we are sure no other Sunshine Coast law firm can match our prices and experience. While we will never be the cheapest we do offer the best value in our opinion.
Our prices include;
- full preparation for court and devising strategy to minimise penalty
- negotiations with the police prosecution unit including obtaining traffic history and charge documents
- drafting submissions for the court
- advising you on how to obtain character references
- all telephone calls, faxes emails and meetings with you
- detailed information to you on the likely penalty and information on what will happen at court and afterwards
- appearing in the court with you to conduct your guilty plea
To see what we will for a guilty plea for a criminal charge click here. If you are wishing to plead not guilty or the charge is very serious we will provide a fixed price written quote.
What areas of traffic law we undertake
- Drug Driving
- Drink Driving
- Careless Driving
- Dangerous Driving
- Unlicensed Driving
- Disqualified Driving
- Vehicle Forfeiture
- Work Licences
- Hardship Licences
- Driving 40km/h over Speed Limit
- Removal of Disqualification
- Evading Police
Why should I choose you and not just represent myself?
Just some reasons include;
- we know the Magistrates and what they want to hear to give you the lowest disqualification period and penalty
- we have good relationships with the police prosecutors meaning we can often have them support a work licence application or minimum disqualification submission
- we are there to help you through the process and make everything as stress free as possible, in most cases you will not have to say anything in court
- engaging us shows the court you are taking your charges seriously
- your matter will be heard early, often first, you do not have to wait for 20-30 other matters to be heard before you
- you will be fully informed of what is to happen in court and what this means for you after court
- unlike the police or the magistrate, we are there to look after you, your privacy and your interests
Links that may be of assistance
How to get in Contact with us if you need a Sunshine Coast Lawyer?
If you want to engage us or just need further information or advice then you can either;
- Use our contact form and we will contact you by email or phone at a time that suits you
- Call us on 1300 952 255 seven days a week, 7am to 8pm
If I contacted you what would occur?
If you contact us then Steven Brough the firm’s founder or our office manager Belinda Smyth will take the call or receive the email. They have 40 years legal experience between them, we can provide immediate legal assistance and answer any questions you have. We will discuss your case, provide guidance and send a quote by email with additional relevant information about your drink driving charge, all at no cost.
If you want to engage us then it’s easy, there is a form you can complete and email back or complete online. If you don’t want to engage us or want to engage another firm that’s fine, you won’t be hassled and at worst you will just have more information about your charge. Once engaged one of our lawyers will go through your matter and contact you to discuss what the best way forward is to achieve the best results. Every one of our lawyers are very experienced with thousands of courts appearances between them and they know the Sunshine Coast courts and the Magistrates and Judges.
More Drink Driving Information
- Top 5 Drink Driving Myths
- The Essential Guide to Obtaining a Work Licence
- Drink Driving on a Lime Scooter
- How Drink Driving Matters are Heard in Queensland
- What happens after your drivers licence is disqualified?
- Refusing a Breathalyser Test in Queensland
- Can you commit a drink driving offence in your driveway?
- Immediate suspension for drink driving
- Case Study - High Range Drink Driving and Disqualified Driving
- Three High Range Drink Driving Charges
- Special Hardship Orders v Work Licences
- High Range DUI
- Going through a drink driving charge in Sunshine Coast Magistrate Court
- DUI Charges